Knowing an effective and cheap ways to block your neighbors’ view from your activities will allow you to have complete privacy without much fuss. Since these processes are cheap, enacting some of these privacy structures can be done by anyone without needing the service of an expert.
Regardless of the outdoor space you have, privacy is key, and moving freely around the home without prying eyes comes with soothing confidence that allows you to enjoy your time with loved ones or privately.
Suppose your new home or apartment does not come with the privacy you need. Don’t worry; there are many inexpensive privacy fence ideas to block your neighbors’ view for optimal comfort.
It doesn’t matter the type of outdoor area you have; there is an affordable way to provide the needed privacy without breaking the bank. The main purpose of either using an expensive or cheap privacy fence is to make the outdoor useable without prying eyes.
Aside from providing privacy, these screens also come with some advantages, such as protection from harsh sunlight, serve as a wind blocker, may sometimes keep mosquitos and other annoying insects out of your outdoor living area.
Since privacy is one of the many new homeowners’ problems, we looked into the various inexpensive privacy fence ideals anyone could use to provide the needed comfort. Below are some of the different cheap ways to block your neighbors’ view from your activities without further ado.
- 1 Cheap Ways to Block Neighbors View – Privacy Fence Ideas
- 1.1 1. Making use of curtains
- 1.2 2. Using A Retractable screen
- 1.3 3. Balcony Cover with Retractable Screen
- 1.4 4. Using Blinds
- 1.5 5. Making Use of Bamboo
- 1.6 6. Artificial Boxwood Panels
- 1.7 7. Divider Privacy Screen
- 1.8 8. Cover your Pergola
- 1.9 9. Making Use of Hedges
- 1.10 10. Using Herbs and Plants for Balcony
- 1.11 11. Using Trellis Privacy Screen
- 1.12 12. Mesh Fence with Vines
- 1.13 13. Fast Growing Privacy Tree
- 2 Final Words
Cheap Ways to Block Neighbors View – Privacy Fence Ideas
1. Making use of curtains
- NICE MATERIAL: Sold by 1-panel per package. The material with waterproof effect. Curtains are durable enough to hold their beauty through rain, wind, or shine. Both sides of the curtains are the same material and color.
- GOOD PERFORMANCE: The waterproof outdoor curtains adopt triple weave technology, can block out sunlight to keep cool in summer. They also can serve as shower curtains as well as indoor or outdoor public space dividers.
- STYLISH&PRIVACY: NICETOWN Outdoor curtains with a quality texture will have a great vertical sense. Meanwhile, these panels provide a real sense of separation & privacy which benefits both yours and your neighbors.
Curtains can be used in any outdoor space you have, either balcony, porch, or patio. Making use of these outdoor curtains helps to enhance the feel of your home further.
Generally, outdoor curtains are made of durable and weather-resistant materials to ensure they can stand the test of time. If you are not using this curtain on your balcony, you may want to look for ways to hang and spread your curtains without exceeding your budget.
Furthermore, these curtains are generally easy to use and set up without the need for an expert’s service. Also, this outdoor privacy screen is easy to maintain and mostly inexpensive.
Additionally, there are different types of curtains you can use to complement or enhance the home feel. This makes it one of the best options when looking for an outdoor privacy screen to use.
2. Using A Retractable screen
- Elegant and Practical: The double folding side awning can be used as a low shade, umbrella or divider to block out light breezes, low sun, blind sights, bringing both privacy and elegance to your outdoor living space.
- Retractable Privacy Screen: Easily opens and retracts by handle, retracting mechanism provides good flexibility for smooth and long-time operation; can be rolled back into the housing when not in use. Extendable up to 6ft X20ft , fitting perfectly on average tall fence.
- Multifunctional: Suitable for home or commercial use, great for outdoor areas such as backyards, terrace, gardens, porches or small balcony, or indoors for office, clinic, studio, or dressing room for additional wall space
Using a retractable screen in your outdoor area is another cheap way of blocking your neighbors’ view. This screen is flexible in nature, and it can be used whenever you feel it.
These screens are also made of durable and weatherproof materials to ensure you have them standing elegantly for long. This screen is ideal for the deck, porch, balcony, or backyard.
Furthermore, this screen does not require the service of an expert for fixing. And can be put in place immediately after getting it. Also, this screen does not require any form of maintenance and can be used by anyone.
Additionally, this retractable screen is suitable for blocking wind and providing shade when the sun is harsh.
3. Balcony Cover with Retractable Screen
Balcony cover is one of the easiest and cheap ways of providing privacy around your home. This balcony cover is easy to install, and it provides 99 visibility reduction to ensure you get the needed privacy.
However, blocking your balcony railing is not enough most times as this only provides 50 percent privacy when you stand up. Also, mostly, this does not complete protection from the sun.
To have complete privacy on your balcony, you need to complement it with a balcony retractable screen. This screen is flexible in design, and it is used whenever you want.
Also, this screen is easy to install and does not require any form of maintenance. However, if you find it difficult to install, you can employ a professional service or seek help from your neighbors.
4. Using Blinds
- Please note: Shipping box size you receive will be smaller than product size as rods come in sections that needs to be screwed together. For shade size 7ft x 6ft and 8ft x 6ft, shipping box only measures 4ft long. For 6ft x 6ft and 5ft x 6ft, shipping box only measures 3ft long.
- Sunshades Depot roller shade was designed to provide shade and privacy for your porch, gazebo, patio, back yard, deck, balcony or other outdoor enjoyment spaces, allowing you to enjoy your patio or porch throughout the day without the sun beating on you.
- Breathable Fabric- Made of 165GSM polyethylene –Provide up to 90% UV protection, keep your space much cooler and light filtering fabric without completely darkening your space.
Blinds are another inexpensive privacy screen you can use around your home. Outdoor blinds are suitable for enhancing the outdoor area as their presence helps give the area a classic view.
These blinds can be used on the balcony, porch, or patio and are generally easy to install. Also, these blinds do not require any form of maintenance and are generally easy to use.
Furthermore, these blinds are suitable for blocking winds and sun, and other forms of weather elements. They also provide up to 100 percent privacy making the outdoor living area usable any time of the day.
5. Making Use of Bamboo
- Easy installation
- Use as a border or divider in your garden
- Made from 100% renewable Willow sticks
Bamboo help is one of the best ways of adding an ancient feel to your home. There is a bamboo screen for any outdoor area you have, either the balcony, porch, deck, or patio.
The type of bamboo screen you buy depends on the type of outdoor area you have. These bamboo screens are suitable for blocking wind, sun, and other forms of weather elements to ensure your outdoor area is comfortable to use at any time of the day.
Furthermore, these bamboos screen can be used to improve the feel of the outdoor space. Also, these screens are easy to install and can be done by anyone with or without any technical know-how.
If this is your ideal choice of making your home private, there are various illustration resources to help you out with the process.
6. Artificial Boxwood Panels
- Realistic & Thick Artificial Hedge: Show a more realistic appearance through 12PCS 2"(50mm) tall and 4 layers of leaves, (not 3 layers), and our denser panels(400 stiches per tile panel) are not “see through” and offer better privacy Hedges. It has UV protection and will not fade due to outdoor use.
- For Indoor and Outdoor Applications: Perfect for adding privacy to an outdoor patio area, aesthetically enhance your area with a realistic look to beautify and transform your fence, walls, patio, garden, yard, walkways, backdrop, interior and exterior or your own creative design on party, Wedding, Christmas decorations.
- Durability: Our artificial boxwood topiary hedge plants are UV-proof, weather resistant, low-maintenance, eco-friendly and these greenery panels are made of lightweight yet super-strong high density polyethylene that's soft to the touch.
Although multiples of these panels may not be cheap, that depends on how large your outdoor space is. If the space you are trying to cover is not big, then the artificial Boxwood panel will give your a nice look.
These panels are easy to fix and easy to maintain. Using these panels in your outdoor space will provide complete privacy and shade around your outdoor area. Furthermore, the presence of the panels will enhance the feel and beauty of your outdoor space.
For an appealing look, these panels need a frame or a mesh it will be attached to; this will give it a firm look. Besides providing shade and privacy, these panels are suitable for blocking wind and other forms of weather elements that can disrupt your moment outdoor.
7. Divider Privacy Screen
- More privacy: Extra large, 6 ft. tall by 19.5" wide each panel.
- Two-way Hinges: woven frame folding panels with dual two-way hinges for easy to fold in either direction.
- Professional Hand made: all the product and hand made by professional carpenters.
Using a divider is another easy and cheap way to block your neighbors’ view. This screen does not require any form of set u and can be used almost anywhere. Its flexibility in design also makes it suitable for any outdoor living area.
This divider is ideal for use on the balcony, deck, porch, and patio. The design of this divider allows you to put your privacy in place when you need it. However, when buying a divider, make sure you are getting a durable one to ensure you have it standing tough on your outdoor area.
Furthermore, this divider can also be used to add some touch of decoration to your outdoor area. With this, you are not only providing privacy, but you are also enhancing improving the look of your outdoor area in general.
Also, suitable for blocking the sun, wind, and other weather elements to ensure you have comfortable outdoor space to use at any time.
8. Cover your Pergola
- Wave drop retractable shade- Ideal for providing shade for your pergola frame, patio, deck, yard. The retractable design allow you to retract the canopy if you want to enjoy the sun and extend it to provide shade.
- “U” SHAPE design- You are able to determine the flatness of the cover by setting the desired distance between each panel with the coming control tape. Please note: the size listed is already included wave drop (2’ between each panel).
- Made of high quality 165 GSM polyethylene- Up to 95% UV protection, block most of the harmful sun rays but let some light get through. Breathable, allow air to pass through.
Generally, pergolas are designed to have an open roof that exposes your activities to neighbors living in story buildings. You can easily get a pergola cover to provide shade and privacy around the home.
This cover is made of durable and weather resistance materials to ensure they are durable and suitable for outdoor use. Also, different colors can easily blend with the design around your outdoor space.
Furthermore, this pergola cover is flexible in design and can be retracted or spread when you want.
9. Making Use of Hedges
A living fence or screen known as hedges is a screen created from individual shrubs planted in close proximity one after the other. These plants help to provide a thick barrier between you and your neighbors.
Many of these privacy plants can grow up to 8ft or more when ensuring your complete privacy around home. Privacy plants are suitable for homeowners with small backyard areas.
Furthermore, these plants can be trimmed or shaped into different designs to enhance the home’s feel and design in general.
It is important to know that are many advantages of using a living fence, as they are ideal for noise reduction, block wind and make the home cool all year round.
If you are interested in using a private plant for your home, we have a list of an evergreen plant you can use for this purpose.
10. Using Herbs and Plants for Balcony
The application of plants of plats for privacy around the balcony comes in different ways. This depends on how you design or want your outdoor space to look. Therefore, there are two main ways of using plants for privacy on your balcony.
- Planting flowering vines
- Hanging planters stylishly around the balcony.
Planting flowering Vines: This plant grows sporadically to provide shade and privacy around your balcony. Vines such as Star Jasmine, perennial sweet pea, Chocolate vine (Akebia quinata), Tangerine beauty Crossvine, Carolina Jasmine are some of the evergreen vines you can plant for complete privacy around your balcony. However, pants to be controlled to maintain their beauty and shape all year round.
Hanging planters stylishly around the balcony: To do this, you need a fabric planter that will be hanging around your balcony. This planter would house different herbs and flowers, which further enhance your outdoor area. The only thing that seems like a problem is caring for the herbs and flowers.
11. Using Trellis Privacy Screen
Trellis screens are usually made of wood and can be used anywhere around the outdoor area. This screen panel can feature any design that will have a beautiful outcome on the outdoor area.
The screen is usually covered with coatings to ensure it doesn’t lose its looks. The only form of maintenance this screen requires is refurnishing to make it look elegant for long.
You can complement the screen with some flowering vines for complete privacy, providing shade and reducing the wind force. With these vines, you will have a charming outdoor area.
12. Mesh Fence with Vines
Mesh fences are generally easy to construct, but they don’t provide the needed privacy. Nonetheless, the fence is suitable for creating boundaries and preventing unauthorized access to your property.
However, with the use of an evergreen vine flower, you can provide optimal privacy around your home. These plants are fast-growing flowing and will hatch through the mech to give complete privacy.
The use of the mesh fence and vine flowers will also provide shade and a soothing environment around your home. Vines are also suitable for improving the feel of the outdoor area.
13. Fast Growing Privacy Tree
Privacy tree is another inexpensive way of keeping your neighbors away from your activities. There are many evergreen trees you can use for this purpose, and they can be planted to provide a solid hedge around your home.
This type of fence is suitable for those with large land areas, and it can be shaped to enhance the feel of the home. The only downside of these trees is that they take time to grow.
However, having them on your property comes with more advantage, which includes
- Serve as a wind blocker.
- Improves the property value
- Provide natural habitat around the home
- Make the home cool all year round.
- Help in the fight against climate change
- Help reduce noise and air pollution around the home.
These are some of the cheap ways to block neighbors’ views without breaking the bank. If you have a cheaper idea, you can share them through the comment. Furthermore, it is necessary to know the type of screen that would go with your outdoor area.
For this reason, you need to have a picture of what your outdoor space will look like when you add the screens to them. This may require some planning or sketching, so you will have an appealing outdoor area when you are done.